From Our Program Director
Welcome to the LAC+USC Emergency Medicine Residency family. The residency program started in 1971 and has since trained over 800 emergency physicians and leaders, practicing all over the world. Our graduates receive exceptional clinical training while serving the mission of improving the health and lives of patients in our East Los Angeles community. The 6 major aims of our residency program are as follows:
- Provide exemplary clinical training preparing our residents to thrive in any ED environment.
- Educate residents utilizing evidence-based, dynamic, and engaging medical education strategies.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive residency program that emphasizes a safe and welcome learning environment.
- Address our patients’ social determinants by partnering with local community-based organizations to impact positive change.
- Provide opportunity for professional development and mentorship throughout the course of a resident’s training.
- Foster an environment of wellness, resilience, and positive mental health.
Photos by Scott Kobner
Humility, compassion, and a strong work ethic are cornerstones of our resident ethos. At LAC+USC, we strive to recruit residents who are interested in training in our autonomous, high acuity, high volume clinical learning environment and advancing our mission to provide high quality, culturally-competent care for our often marginalized and inspiring patient community.
Podcast More →
The Grand Round-Up: Episode 1
In this episode, we review the first LAC+USC DEM Grand Rounds, on July 2, 2020.
We cover whole blood transfusions, the HEART score, massive PEs, and some important STEMI findings.
Here’s the Pulm Crit article we referenced in the episode: https://emcrit.org/pulmcrit/two-ekg-patterns-of-pulmonary-embolism-which-mimic-mi/
- Contact Info
Department of Emergency Medicine
1200 N State Street, Room 1011
Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Residency Program Director
Ramin Tabatabai, MD
- Residency Program Administrator
Becky O’Neal, C-TAGME
- Program Information